What is the Breath Alcohol Tester with Fuel Cell sensor
Fuel cell breathalyzer is the 'gold standard' of hand-held alcohol tester for both personal and professional use. They are the choice of professional users such as Law Enforcement and serious personal users such as concerned parents and individuals who require measurement they can trust.
In fuel cell instruments, the breath is directed into a fuel cell with dual platinum electrodes where alcohol is oxidized and generates electrical current. The higher the alcohol content of the breath, the greater the output current of the fuel cell. This current is a direct indication of the amount of alcohol consumed by the fuel cell. By precisely measuring the current produced in the fuel cell, an accurate measure of Breath alcohol content (BAC) is recorded.
CA20F uses the Platinum Fuel Cell Technology that has the following performance characteristics not found in semiconductor devices.
* High accuracy.
CA20F is consistently accurate across a wide alcohol concentration range from 0.000 to 0.400 BAC. Unlike semiconductor devices, the CA20F can report 4-digit BAC measurement accuracy because of the precision of its Platinum Fuel Cell Technology. No personal breath tester is more accurate than the CA20F.
* Alcohol specific.
Semiconductor devices can give positive alcohol readings even when no alcohol is present. They will react to perfume, hairspray, gasoline, cigarette smoke, and breath substances such as acetone and ketones. CA20F measurements are always and only.
* Calibration stability.
Unlike semiconductors which require frequent re-calibration, CA20F recommends recalibration only once every six months under normal use.
* Long working life.
Unlike Semiconductor devices that have a short life span, CA20F Fuel Cell instruments have an expected working life of 3~5 years. CA20F fuel cell tester will be in the field and in continuous use by medical clinics and personal or other industrial measurement requirements.
The combination of long working life, calibration stability, alcohol specificity, and high precision all add up to a device that when properly maintained can be trusted to perform.
* fuel cell sensor, fuel cell alcohol detector, fuel cell alcohol tester, breathalyzer, alcohol breath tester, fuel cell alcohol breath tester, ca20f, ca-20f, alcohol detector,
alcohol tester at ca20f, breathalyzer alcohol tester, digital alcohol tester,
digital alcohol meter, digital alcohol breathalyzer, ca20f, ca20f alcohol
tester, alcohol breath tester, breath alcohol tester, chemical alcohol tester, chemical sensor, chemical alcohol sensor, fuel-cell breathalyzer, fuel cell sensor, fuel-cell alcohol tester,
1. Insert a mouthpiece into the mouthpiece inlet.
2. Push the ON/OFF power switch that is located in the right side under the display window.
- The unit will show "Full display" firstly and "on" alone with a welcome sound.
and then it starts countdown which will be taken about 15~35 seconds.
This warm-up process prepare the sensor and circuit for testing.
3. When you hear a beep sound & "bLo" display is on, please blow steadily
into the mouthpiece until you would hear the "Beep" sound again.
- In the stage, if you don't blow within 20 seconds, it automatically turns off.
Try to power on again.
4. After the circling line is on the display for 3~20 seconds, the test
result (BAC or BrAC) will be displayed by 4 digits for 30 seconds along
with beep sound.
- If the test result is over 0.05%/0.25mg/l (default setting) respectively,
the LCD color will be changed to orange and "WARN" signal will be
displayed along with "Alarm" sound.
- The result will be displayed for 30 seconds (light on for the first 15 seconds
and light off for another 15 seconds). If you push the power switch during
the last 15 seconds, the unit goes back to countdown stage for another test.
5. Finally, the unit will show "OFF" and turn off automatically along with a sound.
6. For the successive testing, trying again from No.2 to No.4.
7. Space tests at least 2 minutes apart.